Have you ever been able to extricate yourself from that molasses-like funk…simply by taking a moment of gratitude?
It can come by:
* Hearing a story of the sorrow of another and realizing how much you have.
* Seeing the smile of a child that emanates directly from his/her heart.
* Feeling the arms of a loved one wrap around you like a blanket.
* Quieting the mind and connecting with your inner self.
* Listing the multitude of blessings that you might otherwise have taken for granted.
* Walking outside and breathing in the gifts of nature.
* Movement- the act of exerting your body to enhance your health…or simply the movement of the corners of your mouth in an upward motion.
* Saying thank you to someone who has lifted or helped you in some way.
* Random acts of kindness with no expectation of repayment or even having them ever know it was you.
* Connecting in any capacity to the people that make you smile.
I am immeasurably grateful for precious moments, extraordinary connections, health, love, opportunity, and the many wonders that surround me.
Action Step: What are you grateful for today? And how can you include something from this list every day to increase your gratitude vibe?
Do you have something to add to the list? I’m definitely interested in hearing from you. Comment here or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.