End of summer…not a time most think of motivation.
However the majority of my clients find this to be an incredible time of renewal. It is, simultaneously a time of endings and beginnings. The summer ends…the school year begins. Many companies run on this schedule as well. The seasons change. Any misguided assumptions that business slows in the summer we now see as rationalizations to take some time for fun in the sun. I will never question a rationalization that serves a greater purpose so I’ll move on…
Whether you want to garner a bit of motivation for a final push to achieve your goals this year…or you enjoy constant inspiration to guide you…or you want to be a conduit to spreading enthusiasm to those around you– here are a few tips for you:
- Review– Take a look at what’s gone on this year so far. Acknowledge the successes. See the challenges for what they really are…not giving them more power than they deserve. Find the lessons.
- Track– Make note of what’s working and keep it. Discard any old processes that aren’t serving you. (or people for that matter…but don’t tell them I told you. If you do, definitely don’t give them my number! LOL)
- Revive– Look at the goals you set out for yourself. Are they still valid? Do they need to be tweaked? Anything need to be added? How can you get excited about them all over again???
- Assess– You have a quarter of the year to go…what needs to happen for you to get where you want to go? Lay it out, all the steps that need to take place. Prioritize what is most important on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Activate– Take action! Find someone to whom you can be accountable. Tell them what you plan to do. Then DO IT!! (if you have let go of all your friends to make room for more empowering relationships and have no one left to hold you accountable…feel free to email me. I’d be happy to help any way I can.)
Understand that your future lies in your hands. Your choices now determine what you achieve and how much you enjoy the process along the way.
Life is a series of choices that create a beautiful mosaic that nourishes and supports the unfolding of who we were always meant to be.
Action Step: Put aside an hour this week to devote to looking over the questions and discovering what you need to do to Renew, Revive, and ReMotivate. As always I’m here for you if you have questions or comments- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want a full day of inspiration, strategies, and tools for taking action to achieve the life of your dreams?? Go to http://fireinfive.com/FromFeartoFire.html