Some people think I’m crazy. I know, I know…most people do and I cultivate that because I think it’s fun. But I’m not talking about the “Jump out of a plane, are you crazy?!?” comments. I’m talking about the “Do you really think your attitude can impact your health?” questions typically accompanied by rolling eyes.
Yes. I really do.
Stress, overwork, dissatisfaction…all contribute to an increase in health issues. Headaches, insomnia, infections, and even heart disease can result. And the health concerns contribute to additional stress creating a cycle that needs to be broken.
Recognition is the first step. Is your health important to you? Isn’t caring for your body and mind imperative to a longer, fuller life?
- Reduce Your Stress: Exercise and healthy eating need to become a priority. When time crunched what’s the first thing to go? You just don’t have time to go to the gym. And you may overindulge in comfort food and drink.
- Take time for YOU. Schedule time for an activity that you really enjoy like dancing, hiking, or swimming…whatever turns you on that gets the blood flowing. When time is an issue at the very minimum you can take the stairs to get to your appointment instead of the elevator, park farther away at the store, mow the lawn, or throw on music while cleaning the house.
- Think ahead. Plan your meals for the week. You’ll eat healthier and save time if you make several meals at once. And keep fruit and nuts in the car to give you energy and incentive to pass right by that hot dog stand.
- Increase Your Pleasure: Your attitude has a HUGE impact on your health. And you have control over it!
- Gratitude- Fastest line to stress reduction is in being grateful for what you have.
- Smile- Surround yourself with people who make you laugh, engage in activities that make you happy, follow your dreams!
- Give- Surefire way to get you out of a slump is to help someone in need. Lift someone up, give from your heart, contribute to a bigger purpose.
Action Step: As you plan your week include a focus on healthy, giving activities. Want to go one step further? Email me your plan for the week at email@example.com and I’ll hold you accountable to a stronger, more fit, happier, healthier life design.
Want to work with me? www.fireinfive.com/coaching.html